Ready to submit your CEU Documentation?
View a quick tutorial here!
- Requirement: 1.5 CEUs (15 contact hours) every 5 years
- No more than 0.5 CEUs in any one category can count toward the total CEUs claimed for renewal
- Professional development activities should pertain directly to, and enhance your knowledge of, brain injuries in the broad areas listed below
- Activities may include, but are not limited to, workshops, webinars, TBI professional learning teams, and completion of the DPI TBI online continuing education (a document outlining topics that meet renewal requirements can be found in the Additional Documents section here)
- Complete the fields below to document your continued professional development as it relates to brain injuries. Attach related Activity Documentation Forms or attendance certificates for each professional development activity.
CEU topics to support continuing education unit (CEU) requirement
In considering these options, Approved Providers should ensure that the CEU topic applies to the area of specialization
- Assessment of neurocognitive constructs, such as Memory, Attention, Executive Functioning, etc.
- TBI-specific evaluation report writing
- Cognitive Rehabilitation (e.g., memory interventions)
- Injury specific treatment and intervention (e.g., stroke interventions, concussion interventions)
- Analysis of TBI profiles and proposing appropriate interventions
- Monitor treatment effectiveness of students with brain injuries, through the use of multiple sources of data
- Non-school based interventions, such as pharmacological treatment, vestibular training, etc.
- Legislation/Educational policies:
- Return to learn/play
- Special Education definition, evaluation and identification, specific to TBI
- Brain structures/anatomy/development/functions
- Neuroanatomy and school functioning
- Community and School Partnerships:
- Transitioning back to school from rehabilitation
- Community interventions available
- Post-secondary transition, specific to students with brain injury
- Injury specific training:
- Specific populations/injuries: PreK, concussion, athletes, stroke, etc. (any type of injury and their educational impact)
- District level PLC documentation is also acceptable: Specific to TBI
- Within any of the above categories